February 17, 2014 — Discovery 4.1 Linux released
discoDSP Discovery Release 4.1 for Linux is now available.
- New zero-feedback delay filters modeled after the Nord Lead 2.
- 64-bit VST support.
- Simpler dialog boxes descriptions.
- Streamlined Morph knob display.
- Export/Import point to better folder locations.
- Added Buy links to EDIT menu on Demo version.
- Reworked and streamlined EDIT menu.
- FX Bypass moved to main EDIT menu position.
- Fixed Import/Export file paths.
- High contrast drop down menus.
- Discovery data location placed at ~/discoDSP/Discovery/
- New selected item EDIT menu background color.
- Instant refresh in Bank Browser for new FXB fles.
- Better preset renaming dialog box.
- Menu font replaced to FreeSans.
- Sound engine fixes.
- Manual revision.
Pricing and update information
Discovery 4.1 costs €69 / $99 (VAT included where applicable).
3.2 customers can update at discoDSP Members Area.
February 12, 2014 — HighLife R1.3 Mac / Windows / Linux released
- New LowPass, HighPass, BandPass and BandReject Zero Delay Feedback filters.
Listen to audio comparison.
- Edit > Wave Editor <-> cursors on wave selection borders.
- Edit > Wave Editor Mouse wheel zoom based on mouse cursor position, Shift+Mouse wheel for quick zoom.
- Edit > Wave Editor Zoom in/out based on active selection.
- Drag'n'drop support (any supported wave sample/sfz programs if empty) Shift+Drop bypass sample replacement dialog.
- Options > Global Parameter Edit (On/Off) or using Shift+Ctrl/Cmd. ADSR led will be on when enabled.
- Options > Morph Edit (On/Off).
- Edit > Properties < > File arrows browse sample folder on Edit > Sample Properties.
- Zone > Duplicate Zone, Delete All Zones functions.
HighLife 1.3 costs 49 EUR. All platform installers are delivered on a single download after purchase.
January 27, 2014 — Gigaloops / Discovery Pro Bank updated
Luca Cominato has updated his Discovery Pro bank for Release 6.x, now including a Nord Lead 2 SysEx bank for Clavia owners.
This Sound Bank contains 128 different presets: Fat Synth, Acid&Dark Lead, Pad
and Tech Sounds FX for Hard Trance, Tech Trance and Hard Style Music Production.
Purchase is available at Gigaloops website with a limited 50% off offer.
January 27, 2014 — HighLife R1.2.3 Mac / Windows / Linux released
- Reworked wave editor view:
- Mouse wheel scroll and zoom in/out with control key+wheel.
- Zoom out limited to wave length.
- Selection active if > 2px. Full wave acts as selected when no selection is active.
- Enhanced waveform visualization at higher zoom levels.
- Import/Export Sample/Program dialog opens at active sample Zone/Program path, falling back to last location when not available (default starts at user's Documents folder).
- Automatically enabled Edit menu items.
- Morphing opacity support to FX sends.
- Enhanced waveform scroll supporting horizontal axis.
- Fixed waveform behavior with devices supporting inertia scrolling.
- Changed waveform mouse zoom to SHIFT + up/down or left/right wheel on Mac.
CTRL for Linux/Windows.
- Fixed Chorus FX not sounding correctly.
- Fixed SFZ export.
HighLife 1.2.3 costs 49 EUR. All platform installers are delivered on a single download after purchase.
January 20, 2014 — HighLife R1.2.2 Mac / Windows / Linux released
- Cue/Loop points are removed after wave trim if they are not on the range.
- Auto adjust wave size after operation on wave.
- Drop down menus for Root / Key / To.
- < > buttons to browse waves in the current folder.
- Rename Zone function.
HighLife 1.2.2 costs 49 EUR. All platform installers are delivered on a single download after purchase.